Cumberland Real Estate

This residential community is a little older, but by no means ancient. Besides this, the community offers its own school for young families. It of course borders as great city. And, there are plenty of living options located in the community.

Cumberland Homes and Condos For Sale

16 Properties
Page 1 of 2

Cumberland is a residential neighbourhood in the Palisades area of North west Edmonton, Alberta, Canada. The Palisades area was annexed to Edmonton in 1982. Since then, development has been underway in the eastern part of the Neighbourhood.

This retail corridor houses numerous larger retailers such as Safeway, Real Canadian Superstore and Home Depot. The Skyview Power centres which are nearby are home to Sears Whole Home, Petsmart, Best Buy, Michaels, HomeSense, Home Outfitters, Winners, Pier 1 Imports and Winners.

According to past federal census, substantially all residential construction (98.6%) in Cumberland occurred during the 1990s. Single family dwellings account for approximately nine out of ten (91%) of the residences in the neighbourhood according to past municipal census. The remaining one out of ten (9%) are row houses. Nine out of ten residences (89%) are owner occupied with the remainder being rented. The average household income in Cumberland is higher than the average household income in the City of Edmonton as a whole.

A number of sensitive areas have been identified as being important to maintain because of their ecosensitive nature. A small wood is found in the north west region of the neighbourhood. This consists of aspen and balsam poplars. This is an area which the developers feel could be kept in its natural form and built in to the surrounding development. Another, similar area is the Henry Singer Sports Field. This has been identified as a local environmentally sensitive area. It is felt that these areas can be left undisturbed because of their natural features which have a value to society and contain ecosystems worth protecting.

The neighbourhood is bounded on the east by 127 Street, on the west by 142 Street, on the north by 153 Street, and on the south by Cumberland Road (between 127 Street and 136 Street) and a line half a block north of 145 Avenue (between 136 Street and 142 Street). 153 Avenue and 127 Street are both arterial roads.

Surrounding areas include; Carlton, Oxford and Hudson.

Copyright 2024 by the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton. All Rights Reserved.

The MLS® System Data is made available from the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton. Data is deemed reliable but is not guaranteed accurate by the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton. Days on Site and market statistics values are calculated by Sierra Interactive based on values provided in the REALTORS® Association of Edmonton listing data feed. Mortgage values are calculated by Sierra Interactive and are provided for estimate purposes only.

Trademarks are owned or controlled by the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA) and identify real estate professionals who are members of CREA (REALTOR®, REALTORS®) and/or the quality of services they provide (MLS®, Multiple Listing Service®)

Data was last updated June 15, 2024 at 2:30 AM MST