Beaumont is a thriving community within the Albertan landscape since 1973. The town is currently the seventh growing community in Canada. The population has grown by forty-eight percent between 2006 and 2011 (federal census).According to the French translation, it means "Beautiful Hill." Looking to start or grow your family in a small town feel with a sense of community? Beaumont could be it. The town's location gives the convenience of City amenities just a short drive away.
So why seek the ‘Beaumont way of life'?
1. It's convenient location.
The town is just 3km south of Edmonton and 6km north of Leduc, Alberta. It is only a 7-minute drive to South Edmonton and the brand new Walmart on Ellerslie. It takes 8 minutes to get on the Antony Henday and about 10 minutes to Nisku, and 15 minutes to the airport. Perfect, Right?
2. Education is impeccable.
All the schools in the town are welcoming and with top notch teachers. They have blogs for some of the departments in school like Drama and Music. The facilities are beautifully kept, well lit and clean. What I love most is the fact that they offer French Immersion and Hockey Academy options in all the schools.
3. Amenities in Beaumont.
What makes the town stand out despite it being small, is all the facilities they have to offer. Some of my favorites include;
• Aqua Fit – It is a multi-use recreational Centre equipped with an aquatic Centre, fitness center, and spin studio. They offer registered programs, child minding, and event space rentals.
• Ken Nichol Recreational Centre – once a winter facility, now a buzz of excitement year-round. It includes two full-size hockey rinks, a curling complex and program rooms. The Beaumont Childcare Centre is also here.
• Parks – Yes I know, a small town with parks. It has an extensive trail system for walking and biking. If you are looking for a place to have family outings and picnics, enjoy sports with friends, Beaumont has more than enough parks for that. You will find 14 soccer fields and ten baseball diamonds in the town. And of course, they have one large spray park.
• Skating rinks – Yes! Seven of them for residents.
• The community Centre – The town has a 30,000 square foot facility that offers a capacity of up to 500 guests. It offers the perfect location for large events and banquets.
• Golf – They are two golf courses within 5 minutes of town, Eagle Rock and Coloniale, and another 3 or 4 golf courses within a short 15-minute drive.
They have few reported cases of crime. The residents feel safe allowing their children to walk and play outside. The neighbors always look out for each other which makes them more of a community. The local RCMP works hand in hand with the youths and the residents to cooperation and safety including giving out tickets to young adults doing something positive in the society. Pure bliss!
Beaumont, Alberta has carved out a nice Niche that makes it different. It has its unique charm as a small town with a rich culture bone and a desire for its residents and businesses. The Mayor, Bérubé plans to move Beaumont's current residential and non-residential tax base toward a higher ratio economically. There are also some initiatives relating to business development, he indicates. "If there are requests for new businesses to establish in Beaumont, they become top of the priority list." The town gives promise of constant progress.
Life is better in Beaumont in every social and logical sense.